Inspirational Body Builder

FREAK

Administrator
Staff member
Jacked Cash
She claimed that meeting other survivors of domestic violence at the refuge the previous year opened her eyes to the severity of the problem.

The women at the Women's Refuge informed me that "there are so many stories of the abuse that so many women suffer every day, and some of them get out," but that "they never hear of the happy ever after that I have today, the amazing life I now have with my husband and my kids and the hope that it gives women that they too can get out and find their happy ever after."

Trisha went to counseling because she found that therapy was very effective for her. She claimed that she had weight issues in the past, but that she now enjoys powerlifting and has competed in competitions.

She finished third in her first powerlifting competition in November 2022 despite losing more than seven stone overall.

In 2020, the assault caused Trisha Rooney's arm injury.
In 2020, the assault caused Trisha Rooney's arm injury.

READ MORE Para-Cyclist Richael Timothy hopes the Irish will "bring the cheer" when a Brazilian woman living in Ireland admits to faking a cancer diagnosis in order to raise money. Ende of 2020 saw my diagnosis of PTSD. I still have a lot of healing to do. My immune system is always weak, and I always get sick because my body is always tense and in survival mode. However, the pain I went through now serves as fuel for training and achieving my goals.

"I now have the man of my dreams, and he is also the best father for our children. We got married this year, and I now have three children. I was blessed with a gentle and loving man, and what he has endured is beyond my comprehension. He is there for me at all times, from my outbursts to my darkest moments. Men are not the same, if anyone is reading this who does not know me. We were simply wrongly loved by the wrong people and taught that's how we ought to be loved.

"Yes, things have been rushed for me, and removing my barriers required a lot of effort and still does. Although I struggle to believe some things to this day, I have never experienced the feelings I have for this man. Don't be afraid to love; he's my safe haven and I'm healing with him by my side.

Trisha Rooney in the past.
Trisha Rooney in the past.

She stated: We survivors have a lot to offer the world, and we all deserve to live happily ever after, in whatever form that takes. Also, keep in mind that abuse can also take the form of screaming in your face, calling you names, or even physical harm.

"The mental abuse is much worse, but we must all stand together, tell our stories, and demonstrate how far we have come since being abused. My children are sparkling, they are so cheerful, as am I.

"It's the ideal opportunity for us to ascend and show our boldness. I was told today to shine my light for others, which I will continue to do, and women like me suffered in the same way as we did.
image_2024-08-19_110213860.png
After winning her first bodybuilding competition in Manchester, where she competed as a representative of Ireland in the pure elite transformation category, Trisha shared her accomplishments. She will continue to advocate for women to seek assistance for past trauma and domestic violence.

"I hope it can inspire others with its courage and strength. I've lost eight and a half stone thus far. To finish in second place, which I never expected, was an accomplishment in and of itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.