Chronic tonsillitis

Welcome! You have been invited by Gambetto to join our community. Please click here to register.
Jacked Cash
I have had kind of a sore throat and right earache for over a month now. My GP told me it was arthritis of the temporomandibular joint and that I should take Ibuprofen. I did but I was still in pain. I saw an otolaryngologist which said that I had tonsillitis. He put me on antibiotics. That helped but as soon as I stopped the amoxicillin the pain returned. Yesterday I saw another otolaryngologist who confirmed the diagnosis of chronic tonsillitis. He said that at my age there was no point in removing my tonsils despite the presence of a small cyst on the right one. He wants to make sure there is no underlying condition. I have a CT scan of the neck/throat planned for Tuesday and I'm netvous.

Gargling and rinsing with warm salt water can help sooth a sore throat and pain caused by tonsillitis. It can also reduce inflammation, and may even help to treat infections

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.